CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekend Wrap up

Our weekend kind of started on Thursday. We spent the evening surprising one of our friends on her big 5-0 birthday! Her husband invited quite a few to a local restaruant and I was soo happy to see such a big turn out! Some friends even came from Ohio! The biggest highlight though, was that their Son came! She wasn't expecting to see him until September. So when she saw him and screamed ~ running into his arms, I think the whole room was in tears! It was quite emotional!! Happy Birthday Connie!

We decided to go to church on Saturday night so we could have a day at home. A true day of rest on Sunday. I will be sharing on the message tomorrow! Toxic words! It was a goodin :) After church we had dinner with Angel and her family! We just about closed the place down LOL

Angel and I had a really good time :) We talked, laughed and talked some more!




Our husbands did too!! They are two peas in a pod and we are so blessed to be married to them!


How about you? What did you do this weekend? I pray it was a blessed one and that you have a blessed week to come!


Thought for the day ~
The tongue has the power of life and death Prov 18:21 Are your words speaking Life?

16 comments:

Ruth

Hi Loren, Thanks for stopping by earlier. Glad you had a good weekend. so did i..:) it was mostly spending time with my boyfriend's sick mom... to just be there for her. sit and talk and pray with her. it was good and of course church is always fun too...:) Have a great week!!
Love,
Ruth

He & Me + 3

OMGosh that picture of the hubs is HYSTERICAL. Baa Haaa. That is so guys and then they will say they had a great time. LOL I kid.
You and Angel are precious. I should have hitched a ride to the party with the Ohio people...we could have hung out :)
HUgs,
Mimi

Denise

Sounds like an awesome weekend sis, so glad you enjoyed it. I love you.

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart

I love that picture of your husbands. Too funny. That's usually how Kathy and I's husbands look when we get together. LOL!
And how fun for your friend to get a surprise like that on her birthday.
Have a fabulous day my friend.
Kim

Beth Herring

oh, what fun you had! the only thing that would have made it even more perfect is if my face had been right there in that picture with y'all!

you think i can photoshop me in there? ha!

Anonymous

Love the photos Loren! We are still spending a lot of time indoors in the air conditioning! We did have a delicious pizza dinner last night.

Elizabeth Dianne

Okay, I am belly laughing--that is priceless--You two are beautiful and those two, well, I think "typical husbands" might be the proper caption--!!

Thanks for starting my week off with a laugh.

Love you sweet friend,
Dianne

Angel

We did have fun, didn't we!!! Our guys are the best, even when they look bored to death!! I still love you even though you put up the bad picture of me. I must have been laughing, as usual, because my nostrils are flared, LOL!!

Saleslady371

What a great picture of you and Angel! You guys look like two peas in a pod! How cute! It says "girlfriends" all over it!!

Girly Muse

I love these pictures!!! You look so happy, Loren! Love those smiles. And the pic of the guys~ too cute.
Love you!

Sandy

Oh gosh, your husbands are either
very bored or such good sports to
let you take their pictures looking
like that! Too funny and too cute!
You are all fortunate to have each
other though and I can just tell
from your pictures that you all
really love each other.
Blessings,
Sandy

NanaNor's

Hi sweet friend, Loved the photos, such is life.
Words can bring life or death-especially with children. Can't wait to hear your message-ours was good too last night but alas we don't get notes so I never have much to share.
Have a blessed day!
Hugs, Noreen

Mikki

ROFL!! What a cute post!! Your friends seem to be able to hang and have a lot of fun!

My weekend was kind of mellow. Nothing to exciting happening but it was nice.

Thanks for your really sweet comment about my girls and college!! It was very encouraging.!

Bernie

So glad you had such a good time, both of your husbands look so excited....lol I did enjoy your post my friend. I finally got the calendar wrapped now just have to get to the post office. Will let you know the big day I finally get there....big hugs:-)

Nana's Nuggets

Hi! Loren, sounds like fun to me! You are so darn cute!! Loved that pic! and that is just like all hubby's do!! Looks like they hust lost their best friend! Ha-Ha! Make everyday count, Have fun!! Have a Blessed week:).

Heart2Heart

Loren,

What a night and day comparison between pictures of you and Angel and then the one of your hubbies. Classic! I can only imagine how much fun you all had.

I miss you!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Post a Comment