UPDATE ON DAD (NOTE: for my new friends, my dad was diagnosed with Lung Cancer this past May. He is being treated at the Mayo Clinic in Florida. If you would like to add his Prayer Button to your blog ~ Please do! It would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou ALL in advance for your prayers)
His Dr. is changing his chemo meds beginning this coming Monday. The previous meds were not effective according to the CT scan so he will begin the new meds this week and this chemo will be weekly now. HIS legs are VERY VERY weak, and he has lost more weight. I am not sure how this is possible because he is sooo skinny but it is true. His legs are just getting weaker and weaker. He got a cane to help and I asked about getting a wheel chair but he says "NO, not yet." He hasn't been "IN" to his work in a week and 1/2 which surprised me ....he is still working from home some but it is HUGE for Dad not to go INTO work. He sounds "tired" when I hear his voice on the phone and not near as upbeat as he was before. Thanks for your continued prayers!! It means so very much!
I just wanted to thankyou all for your prayers for me this week specifically in regards to my rehab for my rotator cuff surgery. I only had one other day that brought me to tears but thanks to Rosels advice I did ask for the really strong pain meds JUST for when I am at Rehab and the Dr. approved them soooo that has helped tremendously! My Praise report is that I was only able to do one stretch up to 90' and this week got it to 110' YAY!!! They are just working on Range of Motion and not strengthening yet because for some strange reason I haven't healed the way normal people do and need to get my Range of Motion fixed first. I long for the day that I can actually dry my hair and put my make up on like I used toooooo!!! LOL
I got some awards this week.....Thankyou girls! You are all sooo very sweet and I love and appreciate you all!!
This one came from Christy Rose and Kat
This one came from Andrea at Arise 2 Write
This one came from Kat
These 2 awards require that I tell you a few things about myself that you all didn't know...hmmm
1) I am a junkfood junkie ~ oh goodness Kathy Please forgive me ;) I don't like very many veggies and not alot of fruit either but I am praying for a change so that I will .....I truly WANT to be healthy
2) I started working when I was 14. I worked at a Convention Center in the concession stand. I got to see some great concerts and some really awesome sporting events....
3) I have a dream and that is to just lay with tigers and lions, just snuggle with them....I ADORE them but know that I will have to wait until Eternity for this to happen
4) When I went to college I went to be an accountant but I hated college, hated being away from my mom and home soooo....I quit and realized I do NOT have the personality to be an accountant. I went to Beauty College at the age of 30 and THAT fit me perfectly :)
5) I am deathly afraid of frogs!!! LOL
That's enough Randomness for tonight :) Love and Blessings to you all
The Pencil Group, Inc. // A Review & Giveaway
2 hours ago