I am joining Iris and a thankful bunch of gals on this Thursday. We have so much to be thankful for and God loves a thankful heart. I am thankful for much today.....
* After a rough day at chemo yesterday and finding out my Dad has lost even more weight (12lbs just since I left) and having to have fluids intraveneously for the first time during chemo, he had a much better evening and was able to eat some soup. Again my opinion is the dehydration issue and am praying that he too will see AND recognize this to be a serious issue. He is pretty much bed-ridden and I found out the doctor has asked that he at least get up and make the long journey out to his mail box at least once daily but preferably twice. We will see.
* I am so thankful for my sweet and kind husband. I had alot of pain yesterday in my shoulder and have had alot going on since I have been home. (I did schedule surgery for Sept 18) When he got home from his long day at work he noticed my pain and went and ran a hot bath for me and made sure I was taken care of....what a gift he is to me.....Thankyou LORD!
* We spent some time with the kids in Colossians 3 last night. Each reading a portion sharing what it meant to them specifically and then moving on to the next. Funny how the LORD orchestrated who read what :) (my husband read the part about not embittering your children or they will be discouraged, Jen read about anger, I read about clothing myself with kindness, compassion etc) because I had spent time earlier in the day reading this and repenting and felt the Lord prompting me to share this with the kids and HE sooo anointed this time together! Thankyou Father!
* I am sooo thankful the kids had a great first day. Jantzen was thrilled with his teachers and although he didn't get to lunch until 1....yes they arrive at 7:30 and normal lunch was at 12:10 it is just a part of the first day adjustments and praying today is much better. He told me he couldn't wait to go back ....oh ya KIM, he didn't get his locker open for a while either but finally it worked ....PHEW! :) Jen had a good day! Math has always been her weakest subject but this years teacher is straight from JESUS. doesn't like giving homework ~ they work together in class and she give quizzes not tests..." can I get a HALLELUAH!"
* I am also thankful for Bailey the horse. He was able to roam the pasture in total freedom and bliss Tuesday. He is such a fighter and I just praise God for helping him and allowing him to be ok!
LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL......I am thankful for each and everyone!