CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spiritual Sundays



Each and Every Sunday you will find either Charlotte or Ginger hosting Spiritual Sundays. They are two precious and godly women who share this blog to encourage and share the Lord with all who come to visit. They are mighty prayer warriors as are all who participate each week. If you need prayer please let me know or visit here and know that your prayer need will be shared and many will go into the Throne Room asking Lord to meet your need!

Years ago, my Husband and I were going through a rough patch in our marriage, so we began seeing a Life Coach. We were on year 13 of our marriage. We learned soooo many valuable lessons during that time. It was truly amazing all the Lord allowed us to see and to learn. Going through the pain brought about a depth of love, it was a whole new level, and unless we had gone through this, we never would have imagined it to be possible! Some of the Important things we learned and continue to learn even today was:
The difference of personalities and how to understand one another based on that personality. Knowing what/how each personality works is amazing to me! This not only helps spouses, but having this knowledge allowed us to better parent our kids too. It goes all the way to the workplace too! This information is invaluable for sure!

We also implemented Family Meetings each and every week. We come together with our calendars and share what is going on during that week. We also offer up any prayer needs or things during the week that the kids or one of us need prayer for and this goes into our calendars. Knowing we have one another covered brings such peace. Our kids know Mom and Dad are praying during a test, or if my husband has a issue at work and knows we are all covering him in prayer brings such comfort.

Another of my favorite things we learned was the importance of date night. Both my husband and I come from broken homes. When we married each other almost 21 years ago it was a 2nd marriage for both of us. We were DETERMINED not to go through another Divorce and I am here to tell you. IT.WON'T.HAPPEN!

I would have to say that no matter what..... the bottom line is ... We are a team. We have each others backs. B,ut more than all that we have God leading us and HE is the Captain of our Family Team. He shows my children the Strength that their parents have. The Love and Respect that we have for one another. They also see that we aren't perfect but that we have a Heavenly Father who offers Grace and Mercy and lovingly disciplines those HE loves!

I am so thankful that even though we went through such a difficult time, God was Faithful to bring this godly woman into our lives to coach us in HIS Ways. To surround us with other couples who had gone through tough times as well. God changed their lives, their marriages, and their families.

Whether you are married or not, if you are going through a rough time God wants to help you. To love you and meet you right where you are. HE longs to brings Light into the Darkness of your hearts, minds, and circumstances! If only you will let HIM!
Will you? HE AWAITS!

12 comments:

Nikki (Sarah)

wow Lauren...this is awesome and powerful. Someone used to say to me, this too shall pass...and to stand strong and not run...hard to do but I learned they're right. Glad you guys have worked hard on your relationship and showing that hard work paid off. Hope you have a great weekend.

Sara G

Thank you for this post! Needed today.

Sandy

Dear Loren, Thank you so much for this post.
Have a great weekend!

George

Thanks for a very powerful and rewarding post. God's help is as needed (and beneficial) in a marriage as in any other endeavor. On second thought, his help may be more needed to build a successful marriage.

Shirley

Very encouraging and so true. I am so thankful you both decided to make it through and not just "to" the rough spots and quit. God will help us if we ask. Wonderful testimony!

Pamela

It's beautiful to see couples work through troubled places in their marriages. Too many give up too easily. God always honors that.

Blessings.

MTJ

Hi Loren,

Thank you so much for sharing so honestly and candidly how God resurrected your marriage. I was thinking this morning that just a year ago, my marriage seemed destined to crash and burn, but somehow, God reached me and opened my eyes. I love my wife and I'm working to be a better husband.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

I think that it is such a wonderful thing to do meet each week and share whats going on and pray for each other.Thank-you for sharing your heart today.
God Bless,
Ginger

Anita Johnson

My husband and I will celebrate 30 years of marriage this June and for years we had a special date night. I haven't thought about it in awhile, but maybe we should bring that habit back....it's so easy to to forget to take time for each other...thanks for the new "old" idea!

jayayceeblog

Beautifully said. These spiritual reminders of yours are so needed and so welcome. I am very glad your rough patch resulted in the strong commitment you have for each other and your family! God Bless you and yours!!!

Girly Muse

What is it about that 12/13 year mark? I've heard more about that time frame in marriages than the "7 year itch". I'm so thankful you persevered and that you can testify to almost 21 years!!! God is so good.
I love hearing you talk about your marriage. It's always wonderful to hear about great ones. In a couple months, my man and I will celebrate 17 years. Each year is such a gift.
Love you, girl. Thanks for the Godly wisdom that pours out of you. I'm grateful to you for sharing it.

Donnie

I wish I knew why Don & I are together after 45 years but God knows and that's fine with me. Lovely post.

Post a Comment