CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Call Me Crazy




About 13 years ago I was a young mom who was overweight and had gone through some medical stuff a few years prior. In 1997 I gave birth to my Son Jantzen in February. But two months prior to his birth I was put on complete and total bedrest due to early labor. I could only lay on my left side and get up to shower and use the restroom. It.was.not.fun. BUT I knew I had to do this to make sure my sweet boy didn't come early. He arrived right on time and I was so happy to be among the living :) Then I had to have a hysterectomy a couple of months later due to some female issues. Then, In June, I was diagnosed with meningitis and was in the hospital for a week receiving antibiotics and pain meds....That was awful! But during that stay my doctor asked my husband if he knew I had a Heart Murmur. He said yes but we have never done anything about it so she told him she wanted to look into it. Come to find out I had a WHOLE in my heart from birth that was now the size of a half dollar (which is really big considering the size of your heart) Since I had this whole for 31 years it also causeD my mitral valve to leak. The doctor told my husband that I would need Open Heart Surgery and that they would have to repair my valve while doing the procedure. All of this was a bit much for my DH to take. He had spent the last few months being EVERYTHING...I MEAN EVERYTHING and now we were looking at Open Heart Surgery???? Really?? I made it through and felt better than I did EVER IN MY LIFE! The doctors told both of us that they truly did not understand how I hadn't had a stroke while giving birth or how I had survived with a whole that big..... The Lord had plans ~ Still does too :)

Anyway a few years later I met with my best friends early in the morning and we began to walk/run and I lost an unbelievable amount of weight. I got down to 117 and felt great! I kept that weight off until about three years ago I was diagnosed with Lupus and the rheumatologist put me on Prednisone. She told me I would most likely gain weight and also that it would be very hard to take it off. She was right. I gained 40 lbs and I HATE IT!

I am so ashamed of how I look. Well, my friend Kim has a group of women who have decided to join her in a weight loss blog and we have all committed to doing Jillian Micheals 30 day shred. We will begin when Kim gets her video. I am so excited yet I am scared to death. I have been very sedentary this past year with everything. Being at my Dads during his cancer treatment and then losing him in December and then you add in my surgery on my shoulder I haven't done much working out. So to say I am going in full force is RIGHT ON! I decided I would start with the Biggest Loser beginner videos while waiting on Kim's video to arrive and have done better than I expected!

If anyone wants to join us Please go visit Kim HERE She will be creating a blog just for this group and we will be contributing and sharing our experiences. Or even if you just want to follow along on this new blog you can do this ~ She is asking for suggestions to name this blog if you have any ideas...

Call me crazy but I am in! better yet ~ just pray for me because the Lord knows I can only do this THROUGH HIM!!

14 comments:

Denise

Sounds awesome sis.

Debbie

WOW...You really have had your share but PRAISE GOD He has brought you through. I have heard about that video alot recently...I am on the side line with pom poms cheering. GO GO GO!!! You can do it I know. HUGS, Debbie

Steph T.

I have that video also...it kicked my booty! I am also in that need to shed some pounds I gained about 15 lbs from being on some medicine last year. The running has helped some, but I need to get control of the rest of it. I have stop eating sweets during the week. One of my major struggles. I will be praying for you. I think I need to check out the blog. I need accountability to do it.
Ok...117lbs...WOW!! You must have been a stick because I think you look great now girl!! I can't imagine you at that weight! That's what I weighed when I graduated from HS! LOL! And I thought I was fat then!! Seriously!!

Jennifer {Studio JRU}

OH... that sounds like a great idea. I should join. You just need to buy the video to join in?? I think you had a great name for the blog, you said, "Call me crazy but I am in!"... great name! :)
♥Jennifer

Andrea

I understand more than you could know! I have re-focused and I am trying desperately to get it off, once again. As of today, I have lost 16 pounds, but have many more to go. I can't believe I allowed myself to gain some of the weight I worked so hard to get off a few years ago.
Hugs, love, and lots of prayers,
andrea

PS: Let me know how this 30 day shred goes!

christy rose

Wow Loren! I learned a lot about you today! God has had His hand on your life that is for sure!! I think preparing yourself for the shred with some easier workouts first is a great idea!! Now I need to get off of my bum and get some exercise into my daily routine too! LOL

Lori

I can't believe all you've been through! You are a walking miracle, that is for sure. So thankful God continues to heal you. No more sicknesses, though! No more!

You can totally do this! I'm so proud of you and can't wait to hear all the details. Love you! XO

Tamara

Best of luck!! I've had friends start that and couldn't finish. It can really kick your butt!! I am training with Paul(from church). He's kickin' my butt!! I'm officially through the 1st week of boot camp(with Paul) and already can tell a difference. Can't wait to see the results!

Musings of A Minister

Wow, Loren I did not know you had so many physical problems. You amaze me the way you have come through all this. I would be laying on the floor crying. I am proud of you for getting into this new program and I will be remembering you in prayer and cheering you on. (A side note: The hole you are talking about is not spelled whole. You spelled it that way twice or I wouldn't mention it. Please don't point out all my mistakes. LOL)

Angel

The Shred is going to be so much more fun with all the accountability and blogging, that is if it doesn't kill us first.

When asked about lunch, I realized, I don't think we finished any of the 30 conversations we started, LOL It was fun, so glad we went!!

Love you

BARBIE

You have been through so much in your life. I am so proud of you for taking this step. I know you are a determined woman and will finish this! I wish I could jump on board with you. I am about 65lbs over weight and really must do something, but every time I move it hurts. I just joined a gym. I am hoping I can get more consistent there. Best of luck to you!

Connie

Way to go sweetie! I'm so very proud of you and all you have accomplished & look forward to even more astounding things ahead of you! (And Clif, was right...that was driving me crazy!) ;)

A Busy Single Mom

Loren, you are a mighty woman of valor! You have been through a lot and still maintain a great attitude.

Set Apart Living Mama

Thank God for Him having his hand on your precious life! Thats great that you're doing this! I have one of the DVDs as well and it is not easy! Right now I just do Gilad and All Star Workouts on Fit TV since there is something different everyday. Thank you for your comments and sorry i haven't stopped by. Dial up is just too slow and to read a blog takes more than 5 min to load sometimes!

Post a Comment