CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

less sugar in Cereal ~ Thanks General Mills

If your kids are like mine ~ cereal is not just for breakfast :) We eat cereal for a snack, or sometimes dinner YEP I said dinner! Well, I was glad to learn that General Mills is decreasing the amount of sugar they put in their yummy cereals. Here is some great info they shared regarding cereal in general:

Did you know that ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters? Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children´s diets.

Other cereal benefits:
Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children´s diets.

Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child´s diet today.

More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.
Studies also demonstrate the benefits of eating breakfast. A 1998 study showed that children who eat breakfast tend to perform better at school. Compared to children who skip breakfast, children who eat breakfast score higher on tests, are less likely to miss class or be tardy, have fewer reported discipline problems, and make fewer trips to the office.

For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness

Right now if you visit here you will find a $1 off coupon for one of four General Mills cereals. If you choose to participate we will also provide you with VIP coupons for 4 boxes of General Mills cereal to help your family come together at the breakfast table every morning.

THANKS General Mills and MYBlogSpark! for giving me complimentary coupons and allowing me to pass this information on to you


6 comments:

Steph T.

WE love cereal!!! We also eat if for supper sometimes!!
Thank you for your encouraging words. Please pray for us at 2:00 on Wed. That is when our first appointment is. I am nervous, but excited. I know it is going to be one of the best things we have ever done for our marriage. I will let you how it goes.
Love ya!

Andrea

Interesting....now I know why I am fat! Love you, anyway!!
andrea

RCUBEs

I love that it's always available when I don't feel like cooking!!! Thanks for the info sister Loren. Stay warm and safe. Love to you.

Debbie

Cereal at my house when my kids were growing up was one of the main things I could NEVER seem to keep enough of. I had two of my sons when they were HUGE teenagers at 16 (both over 6 foot 3) who would come home from school and pour giant mixing bowls (not cereal bowls) full of cereal as a SNACK before dinner, haha. I remember thinking they put everything in hallow legs. They were soo tall and thin. I bought the cheepest, cereal in the largest balk I could. It was usually Cheerios. Sweetened cereal was gone in a single sitting, so I only bought that on their birthdays, haha. Oh, the memories you have stirred in my mind. A box of cereal sits for a couple of weeks now in my cupboard even though my hubby eats cereal almost every day. I save it for a rare treat. I LOVE it but always eat too much. Have a great day Loren. Blessings, Debbie

Kathy C.

We have cereal as a "before bed" snack. However,I must say we are "cereal snobs", LOL...well I am anyhow, Hubby just has to go along with what I put in the cupboard and I insist that we only eat Whole Grain, organic cereal....even though I CRAVE Count Chocula!!! LOL

Heart2Heart

Loren,

I think even after all our kids grow old and move out, we will still have cereal in our home. Steve craves Froot Loops all the time and I love Raisin Bran!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Post a Comment