CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas

Wow! I took a pretty good break didn't I?? Last week my Honey was out of town, so to say things were kinda INSANE would be a very accurate statement!! That and the fact I was DECORATING!!! Tis the Season' and I LOVE Christmas & all that it brings!!
I have had so much fun decorating this year! One night this week my Honey said to me...."Why did you just now start decorating? Now that the kids are all almost out of the house?" I explained very kindly..."Well, because when they were little, I was pouring my heart and soul into them! Also, I didn't have the desire to decorate because I knew I wasn't that good at it. However, things are changing and I am gaining more confidence in my decorating ability and am learning new things each day :) this year my neighbor came over and helped me. She can work magic with ribbon. Ribbon around my tree, my mantles, my center pieces...You name it, if it looked good with a ribbon or a bow on it, then by all means, it is there! :)

Here are some pics: Let's Start in my Kitchen

I LOVE Snowmen!! Don't you???







This is in my kitchen on my center island! I went with a candy cane theme in my kitchen and It is sooo CUTE!!


Hung some ornaments from my Windows....



Heading into my Living Room



Look @ this you guys!....MY HUSBAND MADE THIS!! A Fireplace Basket!!! Didn't He do good!!??? After sharing what all to put in it, He went to town & surpassed all my expectations for sure!!


Our Tree!


My one and only Santa, chillin on the fireplace :)



This table is in my Hall Entry


My Dining Room ~

This is my Dining Room Centerpiece!


The Three Wise Men :) on my Hutch



Ane My Momma taught me that every room needs a little whimsy :) So Why Not put the "Whimsy" in the Potty room right?? ;)



Merry Christmas


Have Missed all of you! Can't wait to catch up with all of you today!

8 comments:

Stacey

Very pretty! I love looking at everyone's CHRISTmas decorations. I put decorations in the bathroom, too.

I love that table in your hall entry.

Heart2Heart

Oh Loren!

You're house looks so cozy and warm, just like you! I love your whimsy in the bathroom too! I've decorated mine as well! I mean a person needs something to look at right? Perhaps try that hat on? I am going to steal your ornament idea for the windows. I wanted to hang lighted wreaths in mine but too expensive to make and then hang plus find lights to work in them. Love this idea however and perfect for all my left over ornaments!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Girly Muse

It looks beautiful, Loren! Such fun and pretty touches everywhere. Have been missing you. Always good to hear what's going on in your life. XO Lots of love to you, my friend! Enjoy that cozy home!

Saleslady371

You have a lovely house and your decorations are great. Wow, what a big tree! Is this the same neighbor that baked you a pie at Thanksgiving that you posted on FB? She's a keeper.

Connie

OMG!!!!! B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!! You've done a wonderful job my sweet girl! Can't wait to see it in person!!! Love you, Mom.

Betsy Banks Adams

Hi Loren, I have missed you... Your decorations are beautiful... I scaled down my decorating this year ---but I did post (today's blog) some of my Christmas Babies... Check it out.

Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas.
Hugs,
Betsy
P.S. LOVE your blog look!

Darcie

I have so many words to describe your decorations, that I don't even know where to start! I think it is absolutely just beautiful...ALL of it!!! I think it is really great how you are feeling more confident in your decorating. Maybe someday, I will feel more confident how to put clothes together. :-) Enjoy all your hard work..it is all so pretty!

George

Your house looks absolutely gorgeous. You were definitely wrong if you said you had no decorating ability. I don't think I could pick out a favorite room if I had to; all are beautiful.

Post a Comment