CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Spiritual Sundays




I love Smith Wigglesworth. He was an amazing man and his testimony is one that just leaves me in awe! Today I am sharing with you an entry out of my Smith Wigglesworth daily devotional.

THE MIRROR OF FAITH


But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work,
this one will be blessed in what he does.


James 1:25

God's Word is "from everlasting to everlasting" (Ps 90:2). His Word cannot fail. God's Word is true, and when we rest in its truth, what mighty results we can get. Faith never looks in the mirror. The mirror of faith is the perfect law of liberty.

To the man who looks into this perfect law of God, all darkness is removed. He sees his completeness in Christ. There is no darkness in faith. Darkness exists when the natural replaces the divine.

Grace and peace are multiplied to us through a knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ. As we really know our God and Savior, we will have peace multiplied to us like the fires of ten thousand Nebuchadnezzars. Our faith will increase even though we are put into a den of lions, and we will live with joy in the middle of the whole thing.

What was the difference between Daniel and the king that night when Daniel was put into the den of lions? Daniels faith was certain, but the king's was experimental. The king came around the next morning and cried, "Daniel servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve conintually, been able to deliver you from the lions?" (Dan 6:20) Daniel answered, "My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths" (v.22) The thing was done. It was done when Daniel prayed with his windows open toward heaven. Prayer links us to Lovely God, our abounding God, our multiplying God. OH how I love Him. He is so wonderful!

Thought for the day:
All our victories are won before we go into the fight.


May you all have a blessed Sunday and for more Spiritual Sunday posts please go visit Charlotte and Ginger here

12 comments:

Denise

Such a nice devotion, thanks for sharing.

Mikki

Hey Loren -
Thanks so much for your kind words on my blog. Our dog was just one of those dogs that was almost perfect and he will be surely missed.

Oh I'm sooo happy that you got Clara's Kitchen. I've been having SOOO much fun reading through it and trying to decided which recipe to try first. I keep thinking I'm going to just start at the beginning, but my DH keeps saying. "Look at this one".. LOL.

Hey, maybe I'll put together a Cooking with Clara Club - we call all post our Cooking with Clara adventures on a certain day of the week.. what do you think? Wonder what day would work best? Would Tuesdays work for you - if your intrested..

Mikki

OOps. I also totally forgot to say that this was a BEAUTIFUL devotion. I've never heard of this person, but would like to Google him and find out some more.

Thanks for sharing this..

saleslady371

Loren: I was just studying this yesterday hearing that God does indeed hear our prayers as soon as we call out to Him. What a wonderful God; I love Him so much!

He & Me + 3

So true...that prayer links us to God. I am so glad that He is there every time I call on Him.
Have a blessed Sunday.

Cherie Hill

Loren, Thank you SO much for this WONDERFUL post! I pray that my (our) faith will become more and more certain...stronger in every way...never doubting, only resting in God's mercy and grace. I'm a BIG fan of Smith Wigglesworth as well! Blessings to you sister!
With joy,
Cherie

Sue

Awesome word, Loren, Yes our victories are won before we go in to fight. I think we both have read the last book in the bible! We Win!! Great post, Blessings,
Sue

Apron of the Month Club

Loren, so very nice to meet you. I came over from Spirtual Sundays, where I posted for the first time. I am really touched by your faith and your post. I live every day in amazement of God's kindness, but I am human and I feel like I'm in the den alone. I'm a single mom of 2 teen kids and in 2 months we need to relocate to a new city far from home. Please pray for us.

May the sweet Lord continue to speak through your blog!
Yoli

christy rose

EXCELLENT!!! Faith grows as we know our Lord!!! We can not make ourselves have it! Yeah!!! For every victory in Christ!!!
thanks for your heart,
Love,Christy

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage

Thank-you so much for this wonderful post.As I grow with the Lord my faith is growing as well.
God Bless,
Ginger

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days

Inspirational post. Thank you.

COUNTRY MOM

Loren, This is so true "Grace and Peace are multiplied to us through a knowledge of God and of Jesus Christ". Beautiful post... Have a great week. Blessings my friend, Audrey

Post a Comment